Application questions? Email Lindsay at anytime to set up a Zoom
Online instruction and full course of study requirements are dependent on continued Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) approval and are subject to change. We will monitor communication from the U.S. Government and keep international students informed.
|Deadline to to Submit Application
|Earliest Submission Dates
|January 10, 2023
December 1, 2022
|Applicants can apply as early as February 15, 2022.
|August 1, 2023
July 1, 2023
|Applicants can apply as early as September 15, 2022.
January 10, 2024
Applicants can apply as early as February 15, 2023.
Prospective vwin德赢娱乐官网入口 F-1 international Student
The Contra Costa College international student application is a three-step process:
- Create a vwin德赢娱乐官网入口Apply account and complete the vwin德赢娱乐官网入口 International Student Application: Application Creating a vwin德赢娱乐官网入口Apply account and completing the Contra Costa College international student application will take about 30 minutes. After you create an account, you will be automatically directed to complete the vwin德赢娱乐官网入口 International Student Application. Please use these directions to guide you: Step-by-step instructions are provided here.
- Email the following required documents to email@example.com. Please note your application won’t be reviewed until all items are received.
- A copy of a current passport
- Proof of English proficiency (See here under “English Proficiency Requirement” for details on which exams vwin德赢娱乐官网入口 accepts)
- Financial support documents (bank statement or letter dated within the last six months from you or your sponsor’s bank in English showing at least $28,454). See the financial form below for the details that must be included on the bank statement or letter.
- Financial sponsor form
- Optional: Student Consent and Release Form
- If not 18 years old: the Minor Consent Form
- Transfer students: Copies of I-20, I-94 and F1 student visa
What happens next?
- You will be notified by email of your acceptance.
- You will receive an admissions packet which includes the acceptance letter along with the Form I-20 by e-mail – you need these documents for your F1 visa interview with the US Embassy/Consulate in your home country.
- Complete the vwin德赢娱乐官网入口 Online Orientation
- Participate in the mandatory International Students Orientation. Check your emails for updates!
- Register for classes. We will also do this in COUNS-108 course
- Pay enrollment fees (health insurance fees are included in the tuition costs. The fees for the medical insurance must be paid by the end of the 2nd week of the semester.
English Proficiency Requirement
Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency by one of the following for admission to Contra Costa College.
English Proficiency Tests
|TOEFL iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet-based) · vwin德赢娱乐官网入口 Institutional Code: 4943 · DVC Institutional Code: 4295 · LMC Institutional Code: 4396
|IELTS Academic International English Language Testing System
|5.5 Minimum band scores of 4.5
|CAE Cambridge English: Advanced
|iTEP Academic International Test of English Proficiency
|PTE Academic Pearson Test of English Academic, PTE Academic Online
|GTEC CBT Global Test of English Communication
|TOEFL iTP Institutional TOEFL Only accepted for study abroad students from partner institutions
|Kaplan International University Placement Service
|Kaplan Higher Intermediate
*Only results within the past two years are accepted **Scanned copies of official score reports are accepted; Online results verification (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE)
Partner Intensive English Programs
Conditional letters of admission will be issued for applicants in the following programs:
|International Education Center (IEC @ DVC)
|Completion of Advanced B Level Certificate
|ELS Language Centers
|Completion of Level 109 (EAP)
|UC Davis Intensive English Program Continuing and Professional Education
|Completion of level 600 minimum 3.0 GPA; grade of B or higher in writing
Secondary (High School) Academic Record
- Graduation from a U.S. high school with grades of C or higher in academic English (not ESL)
- Final IGCSE or O level results with a grade of C or higher in one of the following: English Language, English – First Language, English as a Second Language
- Graduation from an English medium International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme
- Graduation from a school where English is the primary language of instruction along with a letter from the School on institution letterhead stating that English is the medium of instruction
- Completed all years of upper secondary school in Sweden or Denmark with an English proficiency level of English 6 (Sweden) or English B (Denmark.
Post-Secondary (College / University) Academic Records
Transcripts from U.S. post-secondary institutions showing one academic year of college level English with grades of C or higher.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and
- General Certificate of Education, Ordinary Level (O Level)
The IGCSE and O Level qualifications described below meet both the high school graduation equivalency and English language proficiency requirements for international student admission to Contra Costa College. Applicants must submit final IGCSE or O Level results showing five subjects passed with grades of C or higher. One of the subjects must be English – First Language, English as a Second Language or English Language. Scanned copies of the final IGCSE and O Level results are accepted. Contra Costa College will not admit students based on preliminary results or students who take IGCSE and O Level exams as independent or private candidates.
General Educational Development (GED) Test
Applicants who pass a U.S. equivalent GED meet the high school graduation equivalency requirement for international student admission to Contra Costa College.
Mandatory Orientation Dates:
What should you bring?
- A copy of your visa
- Paper/note taking devices
- Questions to ask staff
What will you learn?
- How to maintain your F1 status.
- How to create an educational plan (ed plan).
- About campus resources to help you with your studies.
- Meet other international students and establish friendships!
Homestay is a good alternative for international students who prefer learning about US culture from a host family in a friendly environment. Diablo Valley Homestay can guarantee placement for $450.00. Please fill out an application or contact Fia Parker at 925-876-0080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Maintaining F1 Status
- Be enrolled fulltime for Fall & Spring. This means enrolling in and maintaining a minimum of 12 units through the semester. You can enroll in more! (Summer is optional, but if you’d like to take classes, 6 units is considered full-time in the summer.)
- Students on an F1 visa at Contra Costa College are required to have international student health insurance that is offered through the College. We offer a low-cost insurance that is connected to local health providers. The cost for health insurance for Fall 2023 (August – December 2023) is $704.60. The cost for health insurance for Spring 2024 (January 2024 – August 2024) is $986.44.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.0.
- Update address changes on Insite and notify us email@example.com within 10 days of the change.
- Pay all student tuition & fees by the end of the semester.
- Authorized for employment (on-campus, CPT, and OPT).
- Keeping your passport valid – you must have at least 6 months of validity (renew your passport before it expires!)
Forms + Resources
|COVID-19 November 12, 2020 Update
Reduced course load RCL form
Concurrent Enrollment Form
I-20 Extension Request Form
Payment (Wire Transfers)
WU Globay Pay (Wire Transfers)
China Payment Options – Chinese
China Payment Options – English
CPT – COOP Info & Steps
CPT vs OPT – The Basics
Filing Form 8843 for F1 Students
|Students transferring into vwin德赢娱乐官网入口
Transfer-in Verification Form
Students transferring out of vwin德赢娱乐官网入口
Transfer Out Request Form