If you’ve been out of work a while, and think that changing careers or building job skills could increase your earnings potential, the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) might be able to help you pay for tuition, books, school supplies, uniforms, tools and more.
In order to take advantage of this program, you must contact one of the workforce development offices in your area. They’ll verify your eligibility and, if you qualify, set up your account. Then, if vwin德赢娱乐官网入口 has a program that meets your needs, just select us as your training provider and follow these steps:
Step 1: Contact a WIOA Transition Specialist
Demetria Lawrence | email@example.com| 510.215.3894
You will be prompted to also fill out the state-wide community college application. Both are required.
If you need help with your FAFSA, contact our Financial Aid Office. You can visit them in the Student Services Center or give them a call at 510.215.6026
If you’ve attended college before, you’ll need to submit official transcripts to our Admissions and Records Office. Transcript evaluation averages four to six weeks to complete. If you need help with your assessment, please contact the Welcome Center. They’re in room 111 of the Student Services Center, and you can call them at 510.215.4110.
- Make your appointment with vwin德赢娱乐官网入口 Counselor Amber Din Khan
- Identify yourself as a WIOA participant
- Bring your CalJOBS Class Planning Worksheet to the appointment.
- The vwin德赢娱乐官网入口 counselor will sign the form with instructions to finalize the ITA with case manager
- Sign the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Form and WIOA Participation Agreement with your counselor.
Step 8: Pick Up Your Books
Demetria Lawrence | firstname.lastname@example.org| 510-215-3894